Friday, February 6, 2015

Tasks around the house. Scheduled, planned and completed

I have recently been following http://www.flylady.net/ on Facebook and am quite inspired by the concept of breaking mundane tasks/chores down. I love the way she advises to set the alarm for 15 minutes and so some chore/task related to the home. Her term "home blessing hour" is actually how I feel every time I do some organising/de cluttering/cleaning tasks. 

In fact I break down house work and have a schedule of  daily tasks, or weekly tasks ( refrigerator organising/changing bedsheets, bathroom mats,etc) monthly(quilts/Duvet/Cushion cover) or quarterly tasks(curtains being changed and washed or get a professional service like CleanFanatic to shampoo clean Sofas, Beds etc


One of my daily tasks before retiring includes microwaving dishwashing scrubs and kitchen sponges and wipes. While the sponges are soaked in soap and water also helps to clean the rotating glass disk and insides of the microwave. All set and ready for another day. 

Today I was especially happy to see the flutter of curtains after a good machine wash and the aroma of after wash conditioner ..hmmm


No comments:

Post a Comment