Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Curios, show pieces, knick knacks, metal idols.

Most homes have some kind of a collection of curios and collectibles. I have a vice for brassware. In particular, lamps, idols, bookends, vintage brassware and the like. It's quite a task to keep them shiny and new. Sometimes I prefer the oxidised old look, other times, they do look great with some wash and shine.

I use a mixture of tamarind and salt, Pithambari and maybe Sabena as a coarse washing powder to scrub the idols. While I am trying to keep a schedule to do these tasks, so far I have been successful with once a month as a time line, before my collectibles need a wash again. 

Today was one such day. The gods have showered and are adorned with fresh jasmine from our garden. 







1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your creative and inspiring post on eco friendly home decor ideas. The pieces that you featured from your brass ware collection are both unique and elegant. I especially love the touch of adding jasmine from your garden to the display of collectibles. It is such a subtle and fun way to incorporate nature into your indoor decor!

    ReplyDelete